-The most popular avenue in the Riviera-
Viale Ceccarini originally called 'viola', in the phonetic sense of a small street, was a path connecting the old village or 'Riccione-Paese' to the beautiful shores of its sea.
It was only on 11 October 1912 that the Municipality of Rimini, to which Riccione belonged, decided to name this street 'Viale Maria Ceccarini' in homage to the city's historic benefactress.
The street was later widened and pavements were adopted in 1925, while sewers were installed in 1926.
The following year, the first pine trees were planted, some of which still today provide welcome shade for passers-by.
The growth of the city and the boulevard has always gone hand in hand, as Riccione was on its way to becoming a nationally recognised and popular tourist destination; its centre increasingly became the beating heart of the city.
One of the first 'VIPs' of the boulevard was in the 1930s the 'Duce' Benito Mussolini.
Later, once the post-World War II crisis was over, there was a return to elite tourism and Viale Ceccarini became the 'Montenapoleone' of the Adriatic, especially during the 1960s and 1970s.
Since the 1970s, the Viale has been made pedestrian-only, and today more than ever it is the symbol of Riccione.
Today, haute couture brands are honoured to appear and link their name to a city and an avenue that is an undisputed symbol of fashion, culture and all that is trendy.